Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fruity Smoothie Recipe!

Hey Everyone! I've been lately making smoothies for snacks or breakfast, and I thought I would share one that I really like! 


Ingredients (makes 1 serving) 

6-8 ice cubes 
1/2 banana
1-2 scoops cottage cheese* 
2 scoops low calorie/low sugar jam (whatever flavor you prefer) 
1/4 cup water 
additional: toss in some fresh or frozen berries if you'd like! 

*I promise you, you cannot taste the cottage cheese! Ever since I tried using it, I loved it. It makes the smoothies thicker and creamier. I used to never make consistent smoothies until using this ingredient. I definitely recommend it. Plus: it adds a great source of calcium! 

This recipe is great for a snack, or part of breakfast. You can easily add protein powder to it for a pre/post workout snack. The smoothie is very healthy, and tastes delish! 
Enjoy! XO Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment