Friday, July 22, 2011

REVIEW: ELF Products

Hey everyone-- today I have a review on several ELF products. I have three things that I will be reviewing. Hope it's helpful!

ELF Studio: Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($3)
I received this as a gift for my past birthday. I got it in the shade beige. At first, I thought it was good for the price, but then, it started to break me out. The texture was creamy and a little went along way! Yet, after using it twice, I started to break out and got blemishes. I would definitely NOT suggest this for people with oily skin, because the formula is quite oily itself. If you have dry skin, it might work, as long as you don't have sensitive skin, and break out easily. It has a nice tinted color, but I won't be continuing to use it because it irritates my skin.
 
ELF Essential: Shine Eraser ($1)
I also received this item for my birthday. I thought I would really love this product, because I can easily take it everywhere, and can blot any oily spots, without having to reapply powder. This pack comes with 50 sheets for $1, a good price-- but, It's only a good price if it's a good product! The blotting sheets are a translucent army green color, with brown speckles. It has wax in it which makes it have a weird texture, and it doesn't feel smooth, especially on your skin. It also has some natural ingredients which gives it the green color. It says that it absorbs shine, mattifies skin, and minimizes pores-- but I think it did NONE of this. I saw no difference in the texture of my skin, it did not consume any oil, and I did not see any difference whatsoever. For one dollar, it's worth trying out, but it most likely won't work.


ELF Studio: Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo ($3)
This is another gift I got for my birthday. I have to say, this might be one of the best ELF products I own. It is even considered a dupe for NARS Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush. The NARS duo is more than thirteen times the price, yet the ELF can still compare. It is very pigmented, and gives a really nice glow. The packaging is really nice, and it is something that I will definitely be repurchasing!


I hope you found this helpful, and will use this when buying ELF products. Please tell me if you want me to do a group review with other brands, or other items. It was really fun and I enjoyed it! Thanks!
XOXO Charlotte

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing a post on ELF products. I've always wondered how good they could actually be and now I know not to go out and buy a lot of their products!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Some ELF products are really cheap, and others are a steal! Their brushes are really nice, and most of the Studio Line products are good!
    http://islandbeauty33.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Now I can find out whats good and bad about ELF products! This was really helpful!!
    Please check out my beauty blog!
    http://lilrockstar02.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite product is the "Eyebrow Lifter & Filler" stick.
    I love the "Lifter" side as concealer (I'm fair skinned). It's nice to throw in my makeup bag for touch ups & it keeps me from over packing since it's a two-in-one.

    Also, the prettiest mineral eyeshadow they have is in the color "Elegant." It reminds me of more luxury products and I'm guilty of incorporating it into ANY makeup look I do, whether it be my base color or just an inner corner highlight.

    So definitely try both of these out :). I've tried almost everything from elf since it's so cheap.

    http://lushluxelovely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried a lot from ELF too, and it's really a hit or miss. I probably will be doing another group review of ELF products, and other brands. I'll try to check out your suggestions.
    http://islandbeauty33.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's weird the blotting sheets didn't work for you. I have the same sheets and they are amazing at removing oil. I agree that it doesn't minimize pores, but it removed all the oil from my face. I love them. Check out my E.L.F. review. menzbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete