Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Slimdown Day 6: Whole Grain Go-To Breakfasts

Instead of grabbing a granola bar as you race to the bus, make some time for a quality breakfast. Ditch the sugary cerals, and try these whole grain meals that are delicious!
Oatmeal with Apples

If you didn't already know this, but every morning I have homemade oatmeal. I make my own lunch, and my dad usually prepares the oatmeal for me. It's easy to make- pour the cup of oats into a pan, and then add water. Then put the pan on the stove and let it sit until it reaches the preferred thickness. Oats are full of fiber and grains. I've really grown to love it! If you would like more taste, add cinnimon, apples, or sliced bananas.

Puffins, Fat-Free milk, and Blueberries

Puffins are tasty high fiber ceral. They come in different flavors such as original, peanut butter, and cinnimon. One serving is about 100 calories. Add fat-free milk and some blueberries for a energy boosting breakfast.

Greek Yogurt with Fruit

Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium. Adding some raspberries or blueberries with give you a boost of energy. If you want, you can mix some oats or fiber into it. Choose greek yogurt because it is low calorie, low in fats, and is all natural!


I hope you enjoyed this post! I just want to make it clear that I don't post these to give the influence of starving yourself or being unhealthy. I do this because these things help me, and I want to share the tips with you. XOXO Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment